I personally am not a fan of salad. Not because I don’t enjoy eating healthy, but because I find salads fall into one of two categories: 1) bland and unappetising or 2) tasty but with so much dressing they become soggy and the dressing cancels out the good of eating salad. This salad is one that falls into a third category: 3) tasty, crunchy, fast and fresh!
What you’ll need:
- A large handful of salad (you can put together your own or buy a bag of ready-to-eat salad)
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 yellow pepper, chopped
- 5 slices goat’s cheese
- 6 walnuts, chopped
- 2 tbsp honey
- Mix the walnuts and honey together until well incorporated
- Lightly grill the goat’s cheese slices until starting to brown
- Spread some of the honey mixture onto the goats cheese slices
- Sprinkle the peppers over the salad and add the goat’s cheese croutons you have prepared
- Add any remaining honey and walnut mixture over the leaves like a dressing
- You can change this salad up anyway you fancy by adding extra ingredients to the salad itself e.g. tomatoes, radishes, onions, spring onions
- If goat’s cheese isn’t your thing, swap it for another type of cheese, maybe grilled halloumi?
- To make a honey and walnut dressing rather than paste, add a little olive oil to the mixture and incorporate until you get a runny consistency